Your Central BlueNet account is used to access computing services both on and off campus. It consists of your:
- BlueNet username - a unique username (usually your first initial, last initial and 4 numbers), used to log into computers on campus and some specialized systems like the Health Services Medicat system.
- Central Microsoft 365 account - your Central email address (ending in @ccsu.edu for employees or @my.ccsu.edu for students), used to access your Central Microsoft 365 account (email, Office applications, OneDrive, etc) and log into most online systems like WebCentral-BannerWeb and Blackboard.
How to Request:
For detailed information and instructions, visit https://www.ccsu.edu/information-technology-department/welcome-new-students.
Faculty and Staff:
- A Central BlueNet account must be requested for new employees by a full-time supervisor or designee. Prior to requesting an account for a new employee, their record in Banner must be updated to reflect they are an employee in your department. This is done by HR.
- To request a Central BlueNet account for an employee, navigate to https://www.ccsu.edu/it/accountrequests.html and read the "Important Information for Department Head and Supervisors" which explains the process that must be followed. You will also find the Bluenet Account Request Form on that page. In addition, all employees are required to sign the Acceptable Use Policy as part of the hiring process through Human Resources or Business Services.
- Once an account is requested, the new employee will use the Accounts Management system to activate their new account.
- A Central BlueNet account request for a guest or vendor of the University must be sponsored by a full-time employee. For more information and instructions for requesting an account for a vendor or guest, view Related Article # 11087.
- employees and part-time students to activate a new Central BlueNet Account / Microsoft 365 email account
- resetting your password (synchronized with CCSU email/Office 365 account)
- managing your email account
- reseting your CCSU email/Office 365 MFA (multi-factor authentication, also known as 2-step or two factor authentication)
- Your Central BlueNet account password expires every 120 days. You will receive an email from CCSU Accounts Management approximately 7 days before expiration with instructions for resetting your password, however you may reset it anytime using the "Can't access your account" link from the sign in screen or CCSU Accounts Management System at https://accounts.ccsu.edu.
- Reset MFA - if you no longer have access to the original phone number or device for MFA, log into the CCSU Accounts Management System at https://accounts.ccsu.edu, click Reset O365 MFA then follow the on-screen prompts to reset your MFA and set it back up with a new number/device. For more information about MFA, visit https://www.ccsu.edu/it/office365/mfa.html.
- Password resets on CCSU-owned Macs - when your Central BlueNet account password expires, it is best to reset it on your Mac. Instructions can be found on the CCSU Mac Computer Information Sheet.